Member Care Mission Team Report
The Member Care Mission Team continues to care for our members in various ways. With the help of many willing volunteers we provide meals for members who are in need of some special care. We are grateful for the willingness of our St. Paul members to help with this service. We also attempt to take a meal to the home of a new mother which has been fun and rewarding. Our card ministry includes birthday cards to those members who are home bound or in care facilities. Get well cards and sympathy cards are also sent. We send back-to-school cards to our high school youth plus we send graduation cards and confirmation cards at the appropriate times. A bulletin board is maintained in the narthex highlighting our youth who are featured in the local newspapers.
Our visitation ministry, Friend to Friend, is a blessing to those visiting and those receiving visits. Eighteen volunteers meet once a month to receive names of people to visit for the next month. We go in teams to visit our members who are homebound or in care facilities. We find this ministry to be very rewarding.
We strive to reflect our mission statement: Creatively Connect- Intentionally Grow- Joyfully Serve.
If you would like a visit or call from me, please call the church or complete the pink weekly handout found in the bulletin.
Some of the things a Parish nurse does include:
· Make visits to you at your home or in the hospital
· Be a medical resource for understanding new diagnosis
· Support you and your family during difficult times
· Assist with providing education and resources to make health care decisions
· Teach the importance of the relationships between faith and health in our daily lives
· Be a liaison connecting you to community services for your health care needs
· Be an educator of health and wellness
Blessings to you,
Carol Stiffler, RN BSN PC
Chris Holtz, RN BSN
Ken Winter, Director of Discipleship Ministry, Coordinator